Los Angeles And Orange County Disability Insurance And ERISA Claim Attorneys Fight The Standard Claim Denials
At McKennon Law Group PC, we fight for your right to receive benefits from life, general liability, long-term care and disability insurers like The Standard. We understand insurers like The Standard because we know insurers like The Standard. McKennon Law Group PC’s attorneys, including its founder, Robert J. McKennon, represented insurance companies in the past. At our firm, we know how to get life and disability insurance claims paid.
The Standard began in 1906, when Leo Samuel founded the Oregon Life Insurance Company. At the time, many worked as loggers in the timber industry, which was a physically dangerous profession. In part because federal and state disability benefits did not yet exist, many in the timber industry relied on life insurance to protect from future injury. However, most of the insurers were located on the east coast, which drastically increased processing times. Mr. Samuel recognized the need for a life insurance company that would be better situated to serve the timber industry. So, he started the west coast company that would later become The Standard. Over the years, The Standard continued to grow and was one of the first companies to provide ‘waiver of premiums’ for permanently disabled employees. Today, The Standard has over 40 offices across the country and over 2,700 employees. Although the name changed, The Standard remained in Oregon, with its current headquarters located in Portland.
At the McKennon Law Group PC, we frequently appeal and litigate long-term disability and other benefits claims denied by The Standard and have been very successful. We often represent clients against The Standard because they deny many claims, mostly group long-term disability and life and accident claims. We have a proven track record representing clients against The Standard.
How Does The Standard Deny Life And Disability Insurance Claims?
The Standard denies claims based on many reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- The Standard asserts the medical evidence does not support the life or disability claim
- The Standard asserts the claimant did not provide adequate medical support for the life or disability claim
- The Standard asserts the claimant did not provide documentation or proof of loss evidence in a timely manner
- The Standard asserts the medical condition which is the subject of the claim is a pre-existing condition
- The Standard asserts the insurance application contained materially false information, and thus the policy can be rescinded
- The Standard asserts surveillance of the claimant suggests that the claimant is not totally disabled
- The Standard asserts the claimant’s policy has lapsed for failure to pay premiums
- The Standard asserts an exclusion in the life or disability policy precludes coverage for the claim
What Should Disability Or Life Insurance Claimants Look For When The Standard Denies A Claim?
- The Standard improperly investigating the claim
- The Standard improperly obtaining opinions from unqualified persons/supposed experts
- The Standard improperly misreading or misinterpreting medical records
- The Standard improperly hiring and using biased “independent” medical reviewers and examiners
- The Standard improperly denying a claim without any medical examination
- The Standard improperly refusing to acknowledge subjective disabling conditions such as mental disorders, autoimmune disorders, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome because there is no objective evidence of the condition
- The Standard improperly asserting a preexisting condition
- The Standard improperly attempting to rescind the policy
- The Standard improperly denying a claim with the intent to wear the claimant down to a lower settlement
- The Standard improperly overrelying on surveillance evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- The Standard improperly overrelying on social media evidence to conclude a claimant can work
- The Standard improperly failing to have a meaningful dialogue with the claimant
- The Standard improperly failing to distinguish findings by the Social Security Administration to deny a disability claim
If you feel you have a wrongfully denied claim for disability, life, long-term care or another insurance involving The Standard, the McKennon Law Group PC will doggedly pursue your benefits
Choosing an attorney to represent you when you find yourself in the vulnerable position of having your disability, life or long-term care denied is an important decision. You must have an aggressive and experienced disability, long-term care, health and life insurance attorney who will fight hard for you. If your claim for health, life, accidental death or dismemberment, short-term disability or long-term disability insurance has been wrongfully denied or suddenly terminated, fill out a free consultation form or call 1-800-682-4137 to schedule a free consultation with the attorneys of the McKennon Law Group PC, several of whom previously represented insurance companies and are exceptionally experienced in handling ERISA and non-ERISA, bad faith insurance claims.