Los Angeles and Orange County Insurance Bad Faith, ERISA and Long-Term Disability Insurance Claims Denial Attorney
McKennon Law Group PC
20321 SW Birch Street, Suite 200
Newport Beach, California 92660
Stephanie L. Talavera is an associate at McKennon Law Group PC. Previously, Ms. Talavera worked as the Environmental and Land Use Fellow at the Center for Land, Environment and Natural Resources at University of California, Irvine School of Law. Stephanie earned her Juris Doctor in 2015 and received consecutive faculty awards for highest performance in UCI Law’s Environmental Law Clinic. She now represents insureds, claimants and beneficiaries in a broad range of civil litigation specializing in insurance and ERISA disputes involving life, health, long-term disability and short-term disability claim denials. She is also a contributing author to the firm’s California Insurance Litigation Blog and Disability Insurance Blog.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, JD 2015
- University of California, Santa Barbara; BA English, 2011
- The State Bar of California
- Ruling Addresses When A Third-party Acts as ERISA Fiduciary, Los Angeles Daily Journal (April 6, 2018)
- Ruling Clears Up Attorney Fees in ERISA Cases, Los Angeles Daily Journal (Nov. 9, 2017)
- An Agent of the Insurer, Los Angeles Daily Journal (Oct. 9, 2017)
- Ruling Limits Who Can Bring Suit Under ERISA, Los Angeles Daily Journal (April 13, 2017)
- Alejandro E. Camacho, Elizabeth M. Taylor, Melissa L. Kelly & Stephanie L. Talavera, Emerging Regulatory Experiments in Permit Process Coordination for Endangered Species and Aquatic Resources in California, 46 ELR 10131 (2016).