McKennon Law Group PC
20321 SW Birch Street, Suite 200
Newport Beach, California 92660
Scott Calvert is an attorney in the Newport Beach office of McKennon Law Group PC. Mr. Calvert previously worked for Barger & Wolen LLP where he handled hundreds of litigation matters involving ERISA-governed employee welfare benefits plans, specifically disputes over disability insurance, life insurance and pension benefits. In addition to his ERISA work, he also represented insurance companies in first-party insurance lawsuits involving life, health and disability insurance disputes, insurance bad faith and punitive damages. Mr. Calvert now represents insureds, claimants, beneficiaries and other consumers who believe that an insurance company improperly denied their claim for insurance benefits.
In addition to being an experienced insurance litigator, Mr. Calvert represents individuals and small-to-large companies as they litigate and otherwise attempt to resolve their business disputes. He also handles litigation involving bankruptcy and real estate disputes. Mr. Calvert represents individuals and institutional clients in securities-related arbitrations before FINRA (formerly called NASD) arbitrations.
He is currently a contributing author of the firm’s California Insurance Litigation blog. Mr. Calvert can be followed on Twitter as @OCInsuranceLaw.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2000
- Stanford University, B.A., 1996
- The State Bar of California (2000)
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Articles & Publications
- Insurers turn to drones, Los Angeles Daily Journal (October 18, 2016)
- Expanding Equitable Remedies in ERISA Cases, Los Angeles Daily Journal (January 8, 2015)
- Equitable Relief in the Ninth Circuit Just Got Better for Consumers, Los Angeles Daily Journal (July 11, 2012)
- California Insurance Law and Practice, Chapter 30, focusing on Group Life and Disability Insurance, LexisNexis Matthew Bender (2010)